I’m selling my beautiful cargo bike. I bought it new in October 2010 to make trips to the supermarket both easier and more fashionable; then a supermarket opened literally next door to me. To make matters worse (for the bike) I live in an old, repurposed building which does have an elevator, but also several doors and tight spaces in the walk between my apartment door and the street. Every turn in the hallway threatens to ding the fender (and full disclosure: there are three minor dings in the rear fender; otherwise it is pristine).
It’s barely been ridden, but every time has been a joy. Here are some more pics from its early days. Great for the park (think picnic) and obviously perfect for errands “around town.” I took my cat to the vet in it once, and it was wonderful for one of us.
It’s from the Specialized “GLOBE” collection; it is a Live 01 model from 2010 (a very simple base-model which I have not seen around since), featuring:
- Single speed (but it’s YOUR speed)
- Rear coster brake (fun)
- Front caliper brake (not as fun, but useful in a pinch-HA!)
- Front, fully-integrated cargo rack with solid wood tray (beautifully utilitarian)
- Spring stabilizer between fork and frame (awesome)
- White tires (weird, great)
- Really. Nice. Wheels.
- “LG” size, dark brown glossy frame (low-key)
- SUPER LIGHTWEIGHT given its style
- Black seatpost and handlebars (black never looked so uncool as it does against brown)
- Kickstand (dorky but useful)
It is a very smooth and fun ride. It cost $500 new. Asking $250. And if you are in Brooklyn it’s so yours. Email or Ask.