…on a motoring website, no less. Preaching to the converted, but this is an article worth passing on to anyone you’d rather not be run over by. And remember, respect needs to be earned - the rules apply to us too. Ride safe.
- By law, a bicycle is a vehicle, so treat it like one.
- It’s your responsibility to avoid hitting the cyclist, not the responsibility of the cyclist to avoid getting hit by you.
- When overtaking a cyclist you’re required to give them as much room as you would a car.
- They have as much right as you do to take up the entire lane.
- Cyclists should never cycle in the gutter.
- It’s not at all illegal for cyclists to filter on the left or right of lanes.
- Get on a bike!